Thursday, November 17, 2011

Once I got to the hospital I was so frantic that I parked my car on the side walk in the the ER entrance. I ran in and the nurses helped me back to the room where my sister Kim and my baby was. They sent this young looking doctor in who kept asking me the same questions, "WHAT HAPPENED?" I explained it to her until I was about blue in the face. My sister finally left and this doctor just kept on with her same questioned. Finally, she said, "if he had a seizure, he would of turned his head to the right." I quickly responded with, "I work in a nursing home and I see people have seizures all the time." So I knew she got the point after that. Unfortunately, that was not the case. She tried to send me home with my baby that just had a grandmal seizure. But I kept it together and told her, "to send me in another doctor." The next doctor was very nice and she started repeating the events that I told the other doctor. At that moment, he started with throwing his arms and grunting. Then I clearly let her know that's how it started before. I picked him up from his car seat when he instantly SHAKING AGAIN! She looked like she had seen a ghost. She sat on the hospital bed in front of me and just stared at him. I started screaming at her, "IS THIS A SEIZURE, IS THIS A SEIZURE?" She jumped up and ran out the room. A whole bunch of doctors and nurses ran in the room grabbed him out my arms and starting running with him in the hallway. It looked like an episode of ER but there were no actors. This was my reality and it made me even more confused. Because they said "they don't know what's wrong with my baby." He kept on having clusters of seizures back to back without a way to stop them. I instantly called his dad and he was on his way to the hospital along with everyone close to me. They tested him for everything under the sun within the next following days. From what I can remember, he had an MRI, CAT SCAN, SPINAL TAP, and an EEG done. They tried a lot of different medicines on him within the course of 72 hours. Nothing was seeming to work. Then they sent him home with a diagnoses of THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG???

No comments:

Post a Comment